Thursday 8 April 2021

5 minute of camp

L.I: To recount a 5 minute snapshot of one experience you had at camp
_____________________________________________________________________________________
We didn't expect this...
As me and my performance group got ready I was stressing out about how people would react. Me and the boys went to the Stuart room with the rest of the class to see the camp show.

As me and my group sat down, David and Mahdi (The hosts) introduced the Camp Concert of 2021. Everyone was waiting on who was going to go first. My group was hoping we wouldn’t go first but no. David put us first to perform. Our group was shocked and annoyed. We were all stressed because we knew we wouldn’t get a really big reaction considering our jokes weren't the funniest. But as we walked up everybody started clapping and cheering us up which gave me a little bit of confidence.

When we went up we went and said our jokes but we were laughing because before we started performing Azatulah (a group member) said a funny joke that made us laugh. Throughout the whole performance we were laughing. When it was my turn to say my joke I was extremely nervous. I thought that no one would laugh at my joke but in reality I was just laughing and when I said my joke everybody else was laughing. We really didn’t expect everyone else to laugh but we were proud that we stood up and performed it like it was nothing.

The other performances were amazing, my personal favourite was the Poly boys. They mixed the Tongan Sipi tau, the Samoan Siva tau and the Fijian Cibi. I also liked the Chakos performance. I liked the part where they started solo dancing in the middle of the circle. At the end David and Mahdi told everyone the places. Everyone was curious about which place they would come in. Everyone was nervous, everyone was excited to know and then... the places were revealed. To everybody surprise 3 groups came first. It was the Poly boys, Sulia solo dance and Poe vs Doe. Our group came second. Which we were proud of but like I said earlier we didn’t expect a big reaction from everyone and we definitely didn’t expect the place we would be in.

Everybody did a good job performing. My group and I are proud of what place we came in. It was a fun time and I like the interaction between the performers and the audience during the Poe vs Doe performance. At the end we got lollipops and chocolate. It was a good treat.
_____________________________________________________________________________________

For this activity we had around 5 minutes to write about an activity or event that happened at camp. I wrote my recount about the Camp Concert. Basically what happened is that we got into these groups that we made up. In our groups we have to come up with an act. Our act was dry jokes. Basically just jokes that are not funny. We also came up with a name. Our name was MC Stand up. We had around 2 weeks to get ready and when the day came we had to perform it. Our group came second and 3 groups came first. All the perfomances were great. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.