Saturday 12 June 2021

Trying out laboratory equipments | Tech

 L.I: To try using laboratory equipments 

 

Our topic for tech was trying out labortory equipments. In tech we used equipments in the lab and used it in a experiment. We did a cold and hot water experiement. 

The cold water experiment: The first step is we did was we pour 100ml of water into a beaker. The next step is to get 10 grams of sugar and put it on a petri dish. After that the next step is to place the petri dish on a weighing machine. After that put the sugar into the cold water. We used a stopwatch and timed our partners to see how long it would take for the sugar to dissolve. For me and my partner it took us 1 minute and 31 seconds. The temperature of the cold water was 24 degrees celsius.

The hot water experiment: The first step is that you pour 100ml of water into a beaker. The next step is to get 10 grams of sugar and put it on a petri dish. After that we placed a petri dish on the weighing machine. After that we put the sugar into the hot water. We used a stopwatch to time our partner to see how long it would take for the sugar to dissolve. For me and my partner it took us 35 seconds. The temperature of the hot water was 81 degrees celsius. 

I found this activity fun because I had fun using each equipment. I was also suprise on how fast the temparture

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.