Wednesday 16 December 2020

Kowhaiwhai

Our third task for the summer learning journey is called Tanerore. In the Tanerore task we have to create a kowhaiwhai pattern. We could make it on a google drawing or a piece of paper but I chose the google drawing. 

Tanerore is the son of Hine-raumati. Tanerore is the personification for shimmering air. Tanerore performed a haka for his mother. 

The wiriwiri is an hand action that is use to represent shimmering heat. The wiriwiri is when you make your hand tremble. The wiriwiri can be seen in a haka or action songs which is also know as Waiata a ringa. 

I enjoyed creating the kowhaiwhai patterns. I think my kowhaiwhai pattern is very unique out of all the students in my class.


 

1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Leon,

    My name is Fiona and I'm from the Summer Learning Journey.

    Wow, what a super cool kowhaiwhai pattern you have made - ka pai! I really like the way your pattern looks different to all the others I have seen...yours is really unique, well done!

    You have also done an amazing write up about Tānerore and wiriwiri. This taught me so much, thank you!

    Keep up the great blogging - I can’t wait to see more of your posts soon.

    Ngā mihi nui,

    Fiona (SLJ).

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.