Tuesday 10 November 2020

Sharing Knowledge

For this weeks Maths activity we partnered up with people and learnt about what they learnt about their struggle. I learnt about addition and subtraction and geometry. 

Addition is adding things up and subtraction is taking things away. My partner taught me how to use addition and subtraction in written algorithm. Written algorithm is a type of maths strategy that can be used for addition, subtraction, multiplication and division. 

During this session of learning about addition and subtraction, my partner taught me how to use place value. To do addition and subtraction, using the place value strategy you write a number and put each digit in the right value. Then you do the same with the other number then add them up. Obviously if there a 2 digit number in one of the values you have to give the 10 to the next value. 

Geometry is using 2d and 3d shapes. 2d shapes are a flat shape that has faces and corners. 3d shapes are shapes that have many faces, vertices and edges. I also learnt the only direction that 2d shapes go are up, down, left and right. The only directions 3d shapes go are up, down, left, right, front and backwards. 

My partner also taught me about different things that 2d and 3d shapes can do. 2d and 3d shapes can rotate to get a different image or angle of the shape. 2d and 3d shapes have a reflection. A reflection (in geometry) is flipping the shape the opposite way. I also learnt that 2d and 3d shapes can transform. Transforming is changing the position of the shape.

I think I was an alright teacher. My explanation wasn't that good when explaining about measurements but I think me explaining about time was good because my partner understood me. My partner was a good student and they were good teachers to me as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.